Sunday, May 3, 2009

Momma's little girl

Hannah has always been a momma's girl.  Maybe it is the 9 months she spent growing inside my belly.  Maybe it is the 12 weeks we spent together after she was born.  Or, maybe it is just because Jason smells bad (just kidding!).  But for whatever reason she loves to snuggle with mommy, be held by mommy, sit in mommy's lap, be fed by mommy, fall asleep in mommy's arms, etc. etc. etc.  However, every once in a while my mommy's girl loves to be with her Daddy.  I have to admit, I love the fact that she "prefers" me, and on those rare occasions that she vies for her daddy's attention my feelings are deeply hurt.  Today was one of those days.  She wanted to be with her daddy, and when I left to go out of town for the night she just waved bye bye.  I never want my baby to be upset, but it would have been nice to have a few tears when leaving her with dad.  Now I know how you feel, Jason.
Momma and her girl after spending the day at Oak Mountain.

No comments: