Friday, May 29, 2009

Momma and Mara sound a lot alike...

At least to Hannah they do!  Last weekend we went to Atlanta to celebrate Bryan and Katie Woods's wedding.  We stayed with Mara & Phillip and Hannah was OBSESSED with Mara.  She wanted nothing to do with me.  She loved Mara, and didn't even notice when Jason and I walked out the door to go to the rehearsal dinner.  I have to say, it was nice not worrying that she was crying all night.  Saturday Jason spent the day with the groomsmen, and Mara, Hannah and I tried to do some shopping.  We had lunch with Noah, Lara, and Wendy- by the way I am still thinking about how yummy that sandwich was... I will now want to go to Souper Jenny every time I come to ATL.  After lunch we had to help correct a tux shop mishap, and then we hit Target for a last minute shoe purchase to go with my dress.  We headed back to Mara's house where Noah and Lara were waiting to hang out with Hannah.  We got there just in time for me to get in the shower to get dressed for the 6:30 pm wedding.  

I do have to back up for a minute... girls, have you ever worn a new pair of shoes and the dye from the shoes has bled all over your feet?  Maybe I just have sensitive skin, but this happens to me sometimes with black dressy shoes.  I borrowed a pair of shoes from Mara for the rehearsal dinner and afterwards the bottoms of my feet were black!  So, Saturday afternoon I'm in the shower and I decide to try and scrub this black stuff off the bottom of my feet.  I get one foot 75% clean when I go to the other foot.  I scrubbed the second foot and just when I was about to step down I busted!  I fell in the shower!  I immediately thought I had broken my arm, but I made myself put my weight on it to get up.  I knew if I could do that it couldn't be too bad.  I looked at it though, and it was immediately badly swollen.  There was a huge knot right on the end of my elbow, so I thought that was the bone sticking out.  I debated what to do, but decided to miss my husband's first cousin/best friend's wedding, in which he was the best man, to go to the doctor.  Mara took me, and Noah & Lara stayed with Hannah.  After a few hours of waiting, a passive agressive doctor, a man with a severed finger, and a nurse who failed to put the protective cape on me while x-raying me (good thing I'm not pregnant) I found out that it was not broken, was given some pills, and sent home.  A week later my elbow is still slightly swollen and I have traded black soles for a black and blue elbow.  Moral of the story... don't wash your feet standing up in the shower!

But anyway, this blog is about Hannah right?  She is hilarious.  We put her hair in a Pebbles-like ponytail on top of her head Monday and she loved it.  She now has to have her hair like that all of the time.  We have managed to get it to not stick straight up, but she just loves her little ponytail!  She says everything... literally, everything.  There is nothing that she cannot say.  Of course, she is not making out sentences, but if you tell her something once she retains it and will repeat it (Robert, that is not permission to teach her bad words!).  She is eating a little better these days, but still doesn't eat very much at meals.  She loves music, and we have recently discovered the Toddler Tunes channel in the music channels of our cable.  She loves it, and her favorite song is "If you're happy and you know it."  She says "happy" until you sing it to her.  When you try to stop, or when a song ends on the radio she says "more, more" until it starts again.  She loves school, and when you ask her in the morning if she is ready to go to school she runs to the door and says, "go, go, go."  She is so much fun and makes us laugh every day.  We are so blessed and thankful that we have such a happy, healthy baby girl!  Happy 16 months, Hannah!

Tonight Hannah put her baby in her choo-choo and was pushing her around.  She is really going to love the stroller that she doesn't even know she has.  Too bad her birthday and Hanukkah are so far away!
Swimming at the JCC on Memorial day.  This was right after we put her in the water, so she had not yet given up her ne-ne, and was not really smiling yet.  It took about 30 minutes to get used to it!
On our way to the pool.  Hannah was sporting her new sunglasses!

At the park with Mara and Belle.
Yes, my child has a mullet.  FEAR IT!

If only I could get that ne-ne out of her mouth.  Trust me, I tried.  This was the only picture that she was not screaming in.

1 comment:

The Coles said...

Hannah is a doll!! Sorry about your elbow, but I do admit that I laughed at the fact that you fell in the shower trying to wash your feet. Sounds like Robert is getting you back for all the things we taught him when he was little!