Thursday, October 23, 2008

Roadtrips, Fever, and JOB... oh my!




Last weekend we piled all of our gear into Jason's truck and headed down south for Mara's Bachelorette weekend. We left Thursday and drove down to Mobile to get Hannah set up at Nana and Papa's house. We had a nice lunch with Mamaw on Friday, and then went to Gulf Distributing to pick up a few necessary items. WOW... does it look awesome! There is a tiny bit, and I mean tiny, that I recognize, and everything else is brand new. The upstairs offices are nicer than my house (so I might be moving in up there), and the warehouse has a fan that has 40 ft. long blades (I might be exaggerating, but it was HUGE)! Jason and I then drove over to New Orleans where we got to spend a little time with Scott before they dropped me off at the hotel. Mara did not have the easiest travels, so we surprised her with a drink, some cheese (which proved to be a good call later that evening), and some decorations courtesy of Katie and Ellen. When everyone got into town we went to dinner at NOLA. I could write an entire post about how amazing this dinner was. I'm salivating right now thinking about it. After dinner we went out in the quarter and all had a great time. The picture above is from our trip to Pat O's. Saturday we had brunch at Bacco, and then had a limo take us to several bars uptown. That night we had a great dinner at a new place called Meaux, and then I retired back to the hotel while everyone else hung out at the bar right nextdoor. Sunday we headed home, and of course picked up Hannah on the way! This week was semi-normal, until Hannah came down with a fever on Tuesday. Poor baby... it is so hard because they just can't tell you where it hurts. This is the first time Hannah has had a fever, so we just didn't really know what to do. The highest it got was 101.5, which was last night, and she was just fussy and generally unhappy. We let her sleep with us, and then she went to spend the day with her Gigi and Pops so they could nurse her back to health. We're not sure if the fever is gone, but she is a happy little girl today. I couldn't stay home with her because I started my new JOB today! YEA! I'm going to be working for Norton's Florist, and I'm training to be the manager of the Gift Basket division, as well as do some corporate sales. I'm really excited, and I think it is going to be exactly what I've been looking for. I will keep you posted!

No comments: