Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Is it really that hard to tell she's a girl?

I know Hannah has no hair, but seriously, isn't she too pretty to be a boy? Lately, we have encountered a lot of people who think our pretty little girl is a sweet baby boy! I don't dress her in boys clothes, although I don't always put her in a dress. She doesn't have enough hair for a bow, and I'm kind of anti headbands. She can't wear dresses all of the time because it hinders her crawling, so what is the answer? The picture below is an example of an outfit she was wearing when someone called her a boy. They also laughed and said, "I bet your Daddy dressed you today!" Actually, I dressed her... it was cold outside, and who are these people that make comments like that?

5 comments:

Jill said...

She looks very much like a girl!! Don't worry...some people are just rude!

Jessica said...

I agree - some people just say things without thinking. I think her face is very girly. I would be a tad worried if she WAS a boy - she's too pretty. Do those people expect every single girl to be in covered in pink ruffles?

Unknown said...

Michelle,
I've never commented before, but this is too much! Hannah is FAR to beautiful to look like a boy, and I've never seen a picture where you didn't have her dressed like an absolute doll! I have no doubt you will have a bow in her hair when the time is right, and I'm totally with you on the headbands. I hope that you look at these rude people in shock and say "I beg your pardon?".
Love the blog, by the way, and hope y'all are doing well.

Margaret

The Coles said...

She is beautiful. We had the same problem with Meredith. She did no have good "bow hair" until about 15 months. I also did not like the headbands!! You can always look at someone like they are completely nuts and stupid and make them feel bad... haha

Anonymous said...

next time someone calls her a boy, tell uncle noah... he will make the bad people go away.